It's that time of year again. A time to look back on the previous 12 months.
We shared our thoughts and insight a lot during 2019 in the UltraMAP news section.
Here are the top 5 news stories that were read the most during 2019.
1. The various threats to subsea cables - by far our most read blog of 2018, we updated it for 2019. Almost all countries that have a coastline are connected to a subsea cable. There are over 100 cables damaged every year around the world. We list the types and causes of damage and how 70% of cable damage can be prevented.
2. 7 Subsea cable facts your probably don't know - From the deepest subsea cable to the very first transatlantic communications cable in the 1850's.
3. An introduction to Seagard - In 2016 UltraMAP and Seagard made their first public appearance as partners at the Submarine Networks World Conference.
4. The biggest threat to subsea cables and what to do about it - This article on subsea cable threats was the most read UltraMAP article of 2018 so we updated the data in September 2019.
5. Subsea cables vs satellites - This story explores why companies don't use satellites instead of cables running under the sea to transmit data.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read our stories, both on our website and across our social media platforms. It's your input that will now help to shape what we write about during 2020.
The UltraMAP team.
For a demonstration of AssetMonitor, for a consultation or just for a chat, contact us any time.