There is only one sensible option when it comes to protecting subsea cables and surface assets from damage.
Cables running along the seabed keep the world connected.
They supply electricity to countries and continents and connect the world globally via communications cables.
Without electricity, telecommunications and the internet, the world wouldn't function.
Cable protection falls into 2 categories...
1. Protect the cable itself by encasing it in a protective outer shell. This prevents damage to the cable should it suffer a strike. There are several companies that manufacture this type of product.
2. Prevent danger (from marine vessels for example) from getting anywhere near the cable in the first place to cause any damage.
AssetMonitor from UltraMAP falls under the 2nd point. The AssetMonitor service, supported by AIS data, visualises shipping activities near clients cables and assets. We create protections zones around the cable or asset so that we can monitor activity and reduce risks of a strike.
An alert is raised with UltraMAP whenever a vessel gets too close to the subsea cable or asset, that vessel is 'warned off' and our customer notified.
Here are some of the benefits of using the AssetMonitor service from UltraMAP.
- AssetMonitor protects subsea cables and prevents damage that would be expensive to repair.
- AssetMonitor gives peace of mind to customers.
- Using AssetMonitor has the potential to lower your insurance premiums.
If you would like to know more about our AssetMonitor service please contact us online or give us a call on +44 (0) 191 233 6351.
For a demonstration of AssetMonitor, for a consultation or just for a chat, contact us any time.